7 Ridgeview Drive - Ossining, NY 10562
email@example.com - 914.715.6715
Head of Digital
2014 to Present
President, Principal Business Analyst
1996 to Present
Starting as a small, full-service advertising agency in 1996, creating ads for some prestigious clients as an overflow agency of Bozell and a contractor of K&B and other shops, CopyLounge has morphed into a marketing consultancy providing services from basic marketing strategy, planning and advertising to digital marketing consulting, including SEO, content strategy, social listening and engagement strategy, email and mobile.
CitiBank Visa, Neuberger & Berman, Illinois Power & Light, New York City Off Track Betting, Merrill Lynch, Datamorphosis, Electronic Systems USA, MultiMedia Plus, Naples Zoo.
Worldwide Program Director, Search and Content Transformation
2012 to 2013
Planned and managed 2 IBM-wide programs to create end-to-end digital enterprise marketing services:
1. Search and content strategy consulting based on keyword research, to decrease internal competition for organic and paid keywords and increase content relevance
2. Content automation to improve reuse and consistency of sales and marketing content.
• Led Agile Product Development Team, meeting demand gen goals for IBM Smarter Computing.
1. Increased site traffic and engagement by 30% over 6 months through SEO and Social linking.
• Participated in the strategy, management and business development of IBM Design Lab.
Manager, Worldwide Strategic Digital Marketing Practices
2009 to 2012
Business Analyst role, supervising and integrating 6 discrete digital marketing practice teams:
Search.....Social.....eNurture.....Webcasts and Virtual Events.....Live Chat.....Mobile
Managed $8M budget and an organization of more than 25 people in North America and India.
• Trained and mentored 500+ marketing leaders around the world in digital marketing best practices.
• Successfully project managed the rebranding of IBM Software in the digital space (matrix org of over 60 people), resulting in IBM reclassification as a software company and drastic upward revaluation of stock.
• Created first real-time social media listening capability, the Social Intelligence Office, in India, delivering a stream of insight used to create content, engage influencers and increase advocacy, traffic and registrations.
Manager, Digital Marketing and Communications
2007 to 2009
Business Analyst role, supervising staff of 13 professionals, 2 discrete functional teams. Managed $3M budget.
Responsible for all Tivoli marketing websites as well as awareness and demand generation targets.
• Exceeded and grew goals 3 years running through user-centered redesigns, SEO and Content Syndication.
• Created and hired first Social Media Program Manager role, increasing traffic and engagement to web sites by 30% via Social linking.
• Reviewed and approved executive presentations as well as all internal and external executive communications.
• Expanded reach of System Z publications by 15% via Editorial Board and syndication.
• Produced 'Tivoli: The Movie', Used as opening of Tivoli Worldwide conference general session.
• Managed Tivoli summer internship program which yielded valuable intelligence on which offers converted most effectively.
• Produced Service Management Simulator game, to clarify the value of Service Management prac- tices to the non-technical executive.
• Project-managed creation and launch of Service Management Resource Center, 3rd party web-relationship-management engine. Made tracking, scoring and personalization a reality.
1. 30% increase in conversion.
Worldwide Digital Marketing Strategist
2005 to 2007
• 2006 Marketing Professional of the Year for Innovation.
• SWG Team Innovation Award November 2006.
• The President's Volunteer Service Award 2005 and 2006.
• Analyzed, rebooted and project-managed content strategy, drive-to-web and other interactive marketing initiatives for IBM's fast-growing Tivoli Software brand, including:
1. Creation and redesign of the IBM Service Management, cross-brand Web presence.
2. Created, launched, managed and promoted robust syndication program, anchored by Tivoli Beat weekly feature articles (now offered to over 500K business leaders monthly).
3. Launched syndication of comprehensive product content to 50 key Business Partners. Increased sales through these partners by 20%
4. Secured funding and project-managed pilot LivePerson web chat ($500K in lead revenue first month in operation).
5. 33% opt in rate. Drove $53M in web leads.
6. 20% YTY increase in web traffic, 2 years in a row.
Worldwide System P Digital Marketing Strategist
2004 to 2005
Designed, implemented and project-managed all aspects of interactive marketing for what was, at the time, IBM's must-win initiative, including:
• A robust, SEO-based web content refresh for one of IBM's key brands of server hardware.
• Complete functional overhaul of System P web architecture.
• 40-country launch of the new OpenPower product site.
• Unique, integrated drive-to-web across all sites via IBM Worldwide Editorial Board.
1. Increased traffic by 26%, time on site by 25%, registration rate from 2-15%
2. Contributed to taking lead in the UNIX server market (from SUN) for first time ever.
Worldwide Digital Marketing Strategist
2001 to 2004
Managed virtual team of IBMers, contractors and agencies who ran and contributed content to IBM's Linux portals, newsletters and drive-to-web programs.
• Architect of internal and external Linux web portals, (launched within 3 months). Establishing IBM's first foothold as a key supporter of Linux.
• Negotiated first Google keyword buy in IBM, driving 250K incremental visits over 3 month period
• Drove creation of first Linux web hosting infrastructure in IBM, increasing IBM's credibility with key developer audience.
• Publisher of internal and external Linux newsletters which now reach over 70K external and over 10K internal subscribers monthly.
• Project-managed design and deployment of the first Linux Content Management System, allowing 3 people to run the site and over 100 to contribute to it.
Worldwide Content Strategist
1999 to 2001
Designed and implemented the 'voice of IBM' on the web, unifying IBM's content for the first time.
• Built and led a community of more than 100 web content creators to gain buy-in for initiative.
• Authored and deployed web writing standards and copy-design templates across the company.
• Championed user-centered design for ibm.com and led 2 redesign efforts, increasing engagement.
• Created and taught internal web writing workshops across the US and in Europe. 100's of IBMers learned how to write effectively for the Web.
• Developed and edited Content Communique newsletter to keep the content community engaged and united.
• Consulted on writing and user experience issues for IBM web projects. Improving 70+ IBM Web sites.
• ibm.com Home Page editorial lead, transforming IBM's thought leadership.
1995 to 2001
Style for the Professional Writer, Advertising as a Second Language, Desktop Publishing with QuarkX-Press, Website Development, Photoshop.
Online Portfolio http://www.copylounge.com
Senior Writer / Creative Director
1997 to 1999
Dell Computer, AT&T, Intel, Autobytel, Whitehall Robins, P&G, Hasbro.
• 1998 Winner: Cannes Lion, CASIE and One Show Interactive Bronze for Dell Online.
Partner, Associate Creative Director
1993 to 1997
Toshiba America, Panasonic, McKinsey, GenRad, IPC, IBM, Internet Phone, Digex Business Internet, COM.sortium, AT&T, Siemens, PhRMA, Toshiba, Indonesia, Bozell, Milk, American Express Travel, General Instrument, Pfizer, AI Credit, Toshiba, World Yacht, Circle Line, Osram Sylvania, AIG Life, Fordham University, Ridgewood Savings Bank, The White House, Netscape.
1991 to 1993
Chrysler, Valvoline, Speedy Muffler King.
BA in English
Digital Marketing (Search, Social, eMail, Mobile, more), Content Strategy, Enterprise Transformation, People Management, Writing, Creative Direction, Agile Development, Advertising